Join our webinar via this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7444771648120380176
Topic#1: Satellite images analysis
Speaker: Ruslan Partsey, Computer Vision researcher in ML lab at UCU
Hundreds of thousands of hectares of natural areas are destroyed in Ukraine every year by wildfires. This natural disaster causes huge and sometimes irreparable damage to nature. Billions of insects, animals, birds as well as seeds and roots of plants, located in the upper layers of the soil die in the fire. It takes a lot of time for natural ecosystems to recover and some of their components can not be recovered without human assistance. Manually it takes an expert from 8 to 20 to analyze one satellite image. So we aim to create an AI application that can detect burned areas on satellite images taken by various satellites with different sensors onboard.
* investigate the root cause of wildfires
* automate the process of wildfires detection using machine learning algorithms
Topic#2: Face-reenactment or Neural Avatar Generation
Speaker: Marian Petruk, R&D Engineer at SoftServe
Speaker: Ivan Kosarevych, R&D Engineer at SoftServe
Artificial avatar is a brand-new notion of the last few years with many research papers published every month. This technology has a myriad of applications in the industries of cinematography, mass-media, AR/VR, gaming, to name just a few. It can accelerate the process of dubbing in multiple languages, enhance teleconferencing experience with the 3D avatar of a person, personalize commercials even more.
Neural networks that can produce such images and videos, in general, are heavy. Retraining them every time for another person is very costly. So we introduce the method, that is agnostic to the choice of avatar.
We acknowledge that such technology could be used with offensive purposes and exploits ethical questions. Nowadays, an average human cannot tell the difference between real or fake face. With this technology, counterfeit videos of politicians, signers, and other public figures could be produced. Therefore, this technology should be used in limited conditions. Access to it should be granted for purposes, that do not violate human rights.
We hope that our work will help researchers improve models that can detect such synthetic content. IT giants like Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft are aware of the possible misuse of this technology. Recently they have conducted a Deepfake detection challenge https://deepfakedetectionchallenge.ai/ with a prize of $1 million for the best classification model.
• Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science
• Slack Channel: http://bit.ly/2RkOf9l
• Europe Conference 17th–19th Sept 2020: https://odsc.com/europe/
• West Conference Oct 26th – 30th, 2020: https://odsc.com/california/
• Code of conduct: https://odsc.com/code-of-conduct/
Как нас найти:
Организатор: ODSC Lviv Data Science
ODSC brings together the open-source and data science communities with the goal of helping its members learn, connect and grow.
The focus of this Meetup group is to allow ODSC to work with Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations to present informative lectures, workshops, code sprints and networking events to help grow the use of open source languages and tools within the data science and data-centric community. As such, our specific goals are:
1. Build a collaborative group to work with other Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations.
2. Promote the use of open source languages and tools amongst data scientists and others.
3. Host educational workshops.
4. Spread awareness of new open source languages and tools that can be used in data science.
5. Contribute back to the open-source community.
Who is this meetup for?
• Data engineers, analysts, scientists, and other practitioners
• R, Python and other software engineers who work with data or want to learn
• Data visualization developers and designers
• Non-technical team leads, executives, and other decision-makers from data-centric startups and large companies looking to utilize open-source tools
Get Involved with our Meetups:
• Speaker Form (https://docs.google.com/a/odsc.com/forms/d/1trkCoecAMa8za_ZzfN5bW6ZNBaRlmqJSQvuME_2nbJA/edit?usp=drive_web) - Submit a talk, tutorial, or panel.
• Suggest a Meetup Topic Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rEjO3UMMXRXtY8Yr_J_jj3ebYwsIFqcGA6FZzWK4rd0/edit)
• Volunteer Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Vu3B72avz2I1xx618pEFGsuywZE9t4n78br9vSEX9oE/edit)
• Host or Sponsor Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eyM9hJ3l8TlNmw35re65mH7mFCmsPoRZ1p5RJQEVhnk/edit)
• Showcase your Startup Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oz8A4fbfe6HHs71v4nMpcf9FP_kpS9CcCfd3qIBS5HU/edit)
Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI
· LearnAI: https://learnai.odsc.com/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI/
· Slack Channel: odscglobal.slack.com