Join our webinar via this link: https://aiplus.odsc.com/courses/state-of-the-art-named-entity-recognition-in-spark-nlp
Speaker: Veysel Kocaman, Lead Data Scientist and ML Engineer at John Snow Labs
State-of-the-art Named Entity Recognition in Spark NLP
Veysel Kocaman is a Lead Data Scientist and ML Engineer at John Snow Labs and has a decade long industry experience. He is also pursuing his Ph.D. in CS as well as giving lectures at Leiden University (NL) and several other platforms. He holds an MS degree in Operations Research from Penn State University and is affiliated with Google as a Developer Expert in Machine Learning.
Deep neural network models have recently achieved state-of-the-art performance gains in a variety of natural language processing (NLP) tasks. However, these gains rely on the availability of large amounts of annotated examples, without which state-of-the-art performance is rarely achievable. This is especially inconvenient for the many NLP fields where annotated examples are scarce, such as medical text. Named entity recognition (NER) is one of the most important tasks for development of more sophisticated NLP systems. In this webinar, we will walk you through how to prepare your own data and train a custom clinical NER model using Bert and Glove embeddings in Spark NLP – taking advantage of transfer learning to greatly reduce the amount of annotated text to achieve accurate results. After the webinar, you will be able to train your own NER models with your own data in Spark NLP.
Use discount code - Meetup2020 - to get 10% off on your pass for Virtual Conference Europe and Virtual Conference West.
• Get free access to more talks/trainings like this at AI+ Training platform:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science
• Slack Channel: http://bit.ly/2RkOf9l
• Europe Conference 17th–19th Sept 2020: https://odsc.com/europe/
• West Conference Oct 27th – 30th, 2020: https://odsc.com/california/
• Code of conduct: https://odsc.com/code-of-conduct/
Как нас найти:
Организатор: ODSC Kyiv Data Science
ODSC brings together the open-source and data science communities with the goal of helping its members learn, connect and grow.
The focus of this Meetup group is to allow ODSC to work with Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations to present informative lectures, workshops, code sprints and networking events to help grow the use of open source languages and tools within the data science and data-centric community. As such, our specific goals are:
1. Build a collaborative group to work with other Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations.
2. Promote the use of open source languages and tools amongst data scientists and others.
3. Host educational workshops.
4. Spread awareness of new open source languages and tools that can be used in data science.
5. Contribute back to the open-source community.
Who is this meetup for?
• Data engineers, analysts, scientists, and other practitioners
• R, Python and other software engineers who work with data or want to learn
• Data visualization developers and designers
• Non-technical team leads, executives, and other decision-makers from data-centric startups and large companies looking to utilize open-source tools
Get Involved with our Meetups:
• Speaker Form (https://docs.google.com/a/odsc.com/forms/d/1trkCoecAMa8za_ZzfN5bW6ZNBaRlmqJSQvuME_2nbJA/edit?usp=drive_web) - Submit a talk, tutorial, or panel.
• Suggest a Meetup Topic Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rEjO3UMMXRXtY8Yr_J_jj3ebYwsIFqcGA6FZzWK4rd0/edit)
• Volunteer Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Vu3B72avz2I1xx618pEFGsuywZE9t4n78br9vSEX9oE/edit)
• Host or Sponsor Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eyM9hJ3l8TlNmw35re65mH7mFCmsPoRZ1p5RJQEVhnk/edit)
• Showcase your Startup Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oz8A4fbfe6HHs71v4nMpcf9FP_kpS9CcCfd3qIBS5HU/edit)
Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI
· LearnAI: https://learnai.odsc.com/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI/
· Slack Channel: odscglobal.slack.com