Join our webinar via this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/785926921448022543
Speaker: Dr. Sruti Das Choudhury, Research Assistant Professor at University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Recent Advances of Artificial Intelligence in Multimodal Plant Phenotyping Analysis
- Teaching (20%): “Computer Vision” (CSCE 473/873) in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Research (30%): Conduct research improving existing and developing new innovative algorithms for computer vision-based plant phenotyping research using a suite of imaging modalities, e.g. visible, fluorescent, infrared, near-infrared and hyperspectral; participate in transdisciplinary research pertaining to plant phenotyping.
- Scholary service and creative activity (50%): Lead the plant phenotyping software development using OpenCV, C++ and Matlab; dataset creation tailored to specific computer vision challenges with proper description and direction of use.
With the ease of digital image capturing facility and an enormous increase in the processing power of the computers, computer vision and artificial intelligence have gained immense popularity in order to meet current and emerging issues in agriculture relating to future food security under dwindling natural resources and projected climate variability. Imaging techniques facilitate the measurement of observable traits of plants as a result of complex interaction between genotype and environment (referred to as phenotypes) by analyzing a large number of plants in a short time interval with precision, nullifying the need for time-consuming physical human labor. Based on the electromagnetic spectrum in which an image is captured, information about different aspects of plants can be computed, e.g., visible light image sequences provide information about plant’s morphological structure, while hyperspectral images are well suited to describe a plant’s physiological processes and metabolism.
In this session, we would like to discuss two novel applications of artificial intelligence in plant phenotyping: (1) early detection and quantification of drought stress in plants using hyperspectral imagery and (2) detection of emergence timing and growth tracking of flowers using visible light image sequences.
Use discount code - Meetup2020 - to get 10% off on your pass for Virtual Conference Europe and Virtual Conference West.
• Get free access to more talks/trainings like this at AI+ Training platform:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science
• Slack Channel: http://bit.ly/2RkOf9l
• Europe Conference 17th–19th Sept 2020: https://odsc.com/europe/
• West Conference Oct 27th – 30th, 2020: https://odsc.com/california/
• Code of conduct: https://odsc.com/code-of-conduct/
Как нас найти:
Организатор: ODSC Lviv Data Science
ODSC brings together the open-source and data science communities with the goal of helping its members learn, connect and grow.
The focus of this Meetup group is to allow ODSC to work with Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations to present informative lectures, workshops, code sprints and networking events to help grow the use of open source languages and tools within the data science and data-centric community. As such, our specific goals are:
1. Build a collaborative group to work with other Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations.
2. Promote the use of open source languages and tools amongst data scientists and others.
3. Host educational workshops.
4. Spread awareness of new open source languages and tools that can be used in data science.
5. Contribute back to the open-source community.
Who is this meetup for?
• Data engineers, analysts, scientists, and other practitioners
• R, Python and other software engineers who work with data or want to learn
• Data visualization developers and designers
• Non-technical team leads, executives, and other decision-makers from data-centric startups and large companies looking to utilize open-source tools
Get Involved with our Meetups:
• Speaker Form (https://docs.google.com/a/odsc.com/forms/d/1trkCoecAMa8za_ZzfN5bW6ZNBaRlmqJSQvuME_2nbJA/edit?usp=drive_web) - Submit a talk, tutorial, or panel.
• Suggest a Meetup Topic Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rEjO3UMMXRXtY8Yr_J_jj3ebYwsIFqcGA6FZzWK4rd0/edit)
• Volunteer Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Vu3B72avz2I1xx618pEFGsuywZE9t4n78br9vSEX9oE/edit)
• Host or Sponsor Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eyM9hJ3l8TlNmw35re65mH7mFCmsPoRZ1p5RJQEVhnk/edit)
• Showcase your Startup Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oz8A4fbfe6HHs71v4nMpcf9FP_kpS9CcCfd3qIBS5HU/edit)
Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI
· LearnAI: https://learnai.odsc.com/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI/
· Slack Channel:http://bit.ly/2RkOf9l
Адрес проведения: Львовская область, г. Львов.