We want to invite you to participate in the FREE ODSC Webinar “Data driven insights with SQL Server Big Data Clusters and OpenShift Kubernetes Platform”!
Big Data Clusters (BDC) is a new set of capabilities introduced in SQL Server 2019 to help achieve data driven business insights from the high-value relational data, and high-volume big data. With BDC, organizations can run containerized Apache Spark and Hadoop Data File System (HDFS) natively as part of SQL Server 2019, in addition to running relational databases, Microsoft Machine Learning capabilities, and Polybase data virtualization. BDC requires Linux containers and Kubernetes, and recently Red Hat OpenShift was added as a commercially supported Kubernetes platform for BDC. OpenShift helps achieve the desired agility, consistency, flexibility, scalability, portability, etc. for data science and application development workflows.
In this session, you will learn about the data analytics market, BDC and OpenShift architecture, key capabilities, use cases, joint value proposition, and technical resources to get you up to speed.
Date: August 5
Time: 1 pm - 2 pm EDT
To access this webinar, please register here:
The webinar will be presented by Mihaela Blendea, Senior Program Manager in SQL Server team at Microsoft and Tushar Katarki, Sr. Principal Product Manager at RedHat.
Mihaela is a Senior Program Manager in SQL Server team. She has been working in the team for many years on Azure SQL, SQL Server on Linux, on multiple features across the SQL Server stack. For the past couple of years she focused on SQL Server running in containers and enabling Big Data Clusters capabilities on top of Kubernetes.
Tushar Katarki is a senior technology professional with experience in cloud architecture, product management and engineering. He is currently at Red Hat as a product manager for OpenShift and the lead for Machine Learning on OpenShift. Prior to the current role, Tushar has been a product manager and a developer at Red Hat, Oracle (Sun Microsystems), Polycom, Sycamore Networks and Percona. Tushar has a MBA from Babson College and MS in Computer Science from University at Buffalo.
Организатор: ODSC Kyiv Data Science
ODSC brings together the open-source and data science communities with the goal of helping its members learn, connect and grow.
The focus of this Meetup group is to allow ODSC to work with Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations to present informative lectures, workshops, code sprints and networking events to help grow the use of open source languages and tools within the data science and data-centric community. As such, our specific goals are:
1. Build a collaborative group to work with other Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations.
2. Promote the use of open source languages and tools amongst data scientists and others.
3. Host educational workshops.
4. Spread awareness of new open source languages and tools that can be used in data science.
5. Contribute back to the open-source community.
Who is this meetup for?
• Data engineers, analysts, scientists, and other practitioners
• R, Python and other software engineers who work with data or want to learn
• Data visualization developers and designers
• Non-technical team leads, executives, and other decision-makers from data-centric startups and large companies looking to utilize open-source tools
Get Involved with our Meetups:
• Speaker Form (https://docs.google.com/a/odsc.com/forms/d/1trkCoecAMa8za_ZzfN5bW6ZNBaRlmqJSQvuME_2nbJA/edit?usp=drive_web) - Submit a talk, tutorial, or panel.
• Suggest a Meetup Topic Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rEjO3UMMXRXtY8Yr_J_jj3ebYwsIFqcGA6FZzWK4rd0/edit)
• Volunteer Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Vu3B72avz2I1xx618pEFGsuywZE9t4n78br9vSEX9oE/edit)
• Host or Sponsor Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eyM9hJ3l8TlNmw35re65mH7mFCmsPoRZ1p5RJQEVhnk/edit)
• Showcase your Startup Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oz8A4fbfe6HHs71v4nMpcf9FP_kpS9CcCfd3qIBS5HU/edit)
Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI
· LearnAI: https://learnai.odsc.com/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI/
· Slack Channel: odscglobal.slack.com