To access this webinar, please register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3591013081633113611
Topic: Handling COVID – 19 Scenarios by Operations Research Tools
Speaker: Dr. Anusuya Ghosh, Senior Operations Research Specialist at Thoucentric
Dr. Anusuya Ghosh is a senior Operations Research specialist at the Thoucentric Technology Private Limited where she is majoring in Mathematical Modelling with a concentration in Optimization. Her
interest in Optimization began during the fall semester of 2008 when she had the opportunity to study Linear Programming Models and Non-linear Programming Models in IITKharagpur. She won the Best Project Award 2009. During her PhD in IITBombay, she learned about the theories of the Optimization Techniques, experienced the implementation of the algorithms, and became proficient in Mathematical Programming. Her primary research area is the conversion of real-world business requirements to mathematical formulaes, including Semidefinite Programming, Polyhedral Theory, Spetrahedra, Integer and Mixed Integer Programming. She was the invited speaker at various departments in IISc Bangalore, IITMadras and CMI.
She is always looking for motivated professionals, especially quantitative and creative ones who are not afraid to experience Optimization.
Operations Research (OR) is an analytical method of problem-solving and decision making that is useful in the management of a better life. There is a famous saying of Confucius “The person who chases two rabbits catches neither.” Operations Research helps in making the correct and concrete choice. The recent Pandemic COVID – 19 stages vary countrywide. Data Science, for example, Predictive Analytics shows us the near future of it. China’s outbreak has come to a halt and South Korea has flattened its curve. What factor is playing a role to flatten the curve? Operations Research Tools help to locate the key factors and the key issues in handling COVID – 19 outbreak and its management.
The following questions are outlined in the talk:
Where to locate the key hospitals?
How to build a lockdown model?
How to build a Quarantine model?
The whole approach is Mathematical Models. The talk is about to discuss how to build the Mathematical Models of the above key questions and how to decide the solution of the models. A framework for developing Operations Research system for action and research is provided.
Use discount code - Meetup2020 - to get an extra 10% off on your pass for Virtual Conference Europe and Virtual Conference West. Extra discount applied over website prices - https://bit.ly/2ZzbBN2
• Get free access to more talks/trainings like this at AI+ Training platform:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science
• Slack Channel: http://bit.ly/2RkOf9l
• Europe Conference 17th–19th Sept 2020: https://odsc.com/europe/
• West Conference Oct 27th – 30th, 2020: https://odsc.com/california/
• Code of conduct: https://odsc.com/code-of-conduct/
Как нас найти:
Организатор: ODSC Lviv Data Science
ODSC brings together the open-source and data science communities with the goal of helping its members learn, connect and grow.
The focus of this Meetup group is to allow ODSC to work with Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations to present informative lectures, workshops, code sprints and networking events to help grow the use of open source languages and tools within the data science and data-centric community. As such, our specific goals are:
1. Build a collaborative group to work with other Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations.
2. Promote the use of open source languages and tools amongst data scientists and others.
3. Host educational workshops.
4. Spread awareness of new open source languages and tools that can be used in data science.
5. Contribute back to the open-source community.
Who is this meetup for?
• Data engineers, analysts, scientists, and other practitioners
• R, Python and other software engineers who work with data or want to learn
• Data visualization developers and designers
• Non-technical team leads, executives, and other decision-makers from data-centric startups and large companies looking to utilize open-source tools
Get Involved with our Meetups:
• Speaker Form (https://docs.google.com/a/odsc.com/forms/d/1trkCoecAMa8za_ZzfN5bW6ZNBaRlmqJSQvuME_2nbJA/edit?usp=drive_web) - Submit a talk, tutorial, or panel.
• Suggest a Meetup Topic Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rEjO3UMMXRXtY8Yr_J_jj3ebYwsIFqcGA6FZzWK4rd0/edit)
• Volunteer Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Vu3B72avz2I1xx618pEFGsuywZE9t4n78br9vSEX9oE/edit)
• Host or Sponsor Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eyM9hJ3l8TlNmw35re65mH7mFCmsPoRZ1p5RJQEVhnk/edit)
• Showcase your Startup Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oz8A4fbfe6HHs71v4nMpcf9FP_kpS9CcCfd3qIBS5HU/edit)
Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI
· LearnAI: https://learnai.odsc.com/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI/
· Slack Channel:http://bit.ly/2RkOf9l